Re: A89: What's Wrong?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A89: What's Wrong?

No, it states that nothing can travel faster either.
However, there are quantum exceptions.  If you shoot
particles at a barrier that is strong enough to absorb
all of the particles, you will find out that a small
percentage of the particles did indeed manage to miss
every electromagnetic field in the barrier and make it
to the other side. You will also notice that they made
it to the other side so fast that it was as if they
skipped the barrier completely.  There are no practical
applications for this discovery as of yet, and there's a
big debate as to whether it can actually be used to
transmit data at superluminal velocities.

As for the laser, the light was not slowed down.  It still
traveled at the speed of light.  The difference was it was
shot into a substance that absorbed and then reemitted
the light with a long delay.  The light appeared to be
slowed down simply because it was making so many
pit stops.  This is true to some degree for all light that
travels through matter.  It's what makes the sky blue
and what makes the pencil in the glass of water appear
broken.