[A89] Re: graphics question

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[A89] Re: graphics question

At 10:10 PM 8/27/2001 EDT, you wrote:

>I know this is probably an extremely newbie question which is probably
>obvious to everyone and is probably mentioned in an FAQ somewhere
(although I
>looked and didn't see anything specific mentioned)
>Where can I find a program that (or what is an easy way to) converts a .bmp
>(such as a 16x16 black and white image) into C code for use with TIGCC?
>I've seen examples of images done, but they use HEX code for specific lines
>and places and such, and I don't really know much about HEX.
>So, is there a program somewhere which does this for you, or is there some
>glaringly obvious way that I'm missing, or what?

I have a program which can convert 8-bit BMP images to raw binary data, and
spits out the palette in a number of formats (RGB-5, RGB-6, and RGB-8.)
You'd have to convert your image to 256 color mode (of course, you can
retain the black and white colors), run the bmp2raw program on it, and then
run bin2c, which would convert the raw data into an array.

If you are interested, I can send you both a bin2c program and bmp2raw.

Bart