Re: A89: Re: Announcement: new version of mlink (kernel support)

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

On Mon, Sep 25, 2000 at 07:20:04PM +0200, Zeljko Juric wrote:

> I think that TIGCCLIB must be modified however if mlink becomes
> an official TIGCC linker. Fortunately, these modifications may
> be done in 1-2 days. For example, I don't believe that a lot of
> extensions added in "nostub.h" in tigcclib 2.1 (like SAVE_SCREEN
> directive) are compatible with mlink. Or, maybe I am wrong?

They're not compatible, but it seems to me that you can use same principles
that you've used in `doorsos.h', because execution will always begin at
`_main' when you use mlink.

The USE_INITS_PATCH etc defines are not necessary. If you put each function
in its own private section, you can let mlink worry about whether they are
ever used (referenced) or not.  E.g. `.section bcopy,"x"' followed by the
code for `bcopy' will put this function in a small code section called
`bcopy'.  (The section names seem to be limited to 8 chars though.)

Back in the good ol' DOS days (e.g. Watcom 32-bit C compiler), many problems
were solved by letting the linker sort the sections (segments in DOS) in
alphabetic order...  :)

--
/Johan  "Knowledge is an illusion without answers."