A89: Announcement: new version of mlink (kernel support)

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A89: Announcement: new version of mlink (kernel support)

Hi!

I have added support for kernel-based programs to mlink now. I have not done
any extensive testing (still beta), but so far it seems that the generated
program images are (most of the time) identical to the ones that Xavier's
linker ("link") generates. When they differ, it's because of bugs in link,
not mlink!  :)

New features:
  * (kernel) ROM calls
  * (kernel) RAM "calls" (completely untested though), and no "extra RAM
    table" support
  * (kernel) library imports and exports
  * (kernel) BSS support
  * "smart nostub" for safe linking of TIGCC programs without the need for
    an external stub
  * the binary output format is identical to link's `-outputbin' format
  * possible to specify different options for all object files on the
    command line (e.g. "keep all unused sections in this file only")

Old features:
  * loads AmigaDOS and (m68k) COFF object files
  * removal of unused sections (can be used to implement static libraries)
  * removal of the annoying trailing NOP in some AmigaDOS code sections
  * writes .89z, .9xz, .sym (binary) and .hex files
  * no "uninitialized data" bug  :)
  * any number of sections per object file
  * 16-bit relative relocations (BRA, BSR and "d16(PC)" across sections/files)

`mlink v2.10 beta' can be downloaded from  http://alh.dhs.org/ti89/

--
/Johan  "Knowledge is an illusion without answers."