Re: Nintendo ports (Was Re: A89: Re: Re: ASM to C and vice versa)

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Nintendo ports (Was Re: A89: Re: Re: ASM to C and vice versa)

>From: "Michael Cowart" <freakonaleash881@hotmail.com>
>To: assembly-89@lists.ticalc.org
>Subject: Re: Nintendo ports (Was Re: A89: Re: Re: ASM to C and vice versa)
>Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2000 12:47:23 CDT
>

>Ok, that's one person. Anyone else?
>
>Mike
>
>>i'm there. sign me up. to do the webpages, i think i can work with that.
>>check out my current site at
>>
>>http://teraflop.cjb.net/
>>
>>it would be better except that it's on geocities so i don't have any
>>access
>>to running perl scripts or php or any of the neats things that make some
>>webpages so much fun.
>>
>>also sign me up for c coding and piecing together some of the graphics
>>(IMO,
>>everyone in the group should have to do some of this in order to get it
>>all
>>done. everyone has a job, and in any spare time rip some graphics or
>>something of the sort...)
>>
>>/brian

Sign me up too. I'm in dire need of a project to hone my programming skills
and perhaps learn a smigeon of technique. :-) Anyways, I I know jack dill
about C, but I'm pretty alright with 68k, and could write the tile mappers
and sprite blitting routines for games.

     BTW, I hear you guys talking about how cool and good C is on the
89/92+, and I've been considering taking it up. Before I do, though, could
anyone tell me the advantages to programming C as opposed to 68k ASM? (I
already know that it's much easier to program) How much different is TI-C
from ANSI-C? And just out of curiosity, how long did it take any of you guys
to learn TI-C?

Pizza Of Hut's Infinite Wisdom #28: "Life is anything that dies when you
stomp on it."