A89: Hello, all!

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A89: Hello, all!

Hello, just joined the list.  My name's Brandon and have programmed some
very minor assembly programs for the calc, but with the release of TI-GCC,
I'm in business because I was already a proficient C coder.  Anyway, I
thought I'd say "hey!"

hey!

also, I have a question: I'm working on a routine for low-level key input
and have mainly been learning from the example code in TI-GCC, but this is
what I've come up with:

I define the constants for the low level keyboard access like so:

#define ESC_ROW 0xffbf
#define ESC_KEY 1

then, in the code I make calls like this:
_rowread(ESC_ROW)&ESC_KEY

here's my problem... I have a do...while statement that runs as long as the
above isn't true (e.g. "do { } while(!_rowread(ESC_ROW)&ESC_KEY);" )  when
the program runs, though, a variety of keys will cause the program to exit.
for instance, the up key, the "0" key, the "." key and the "(-)" key.  I
think some others do it too.  Will someone with a better knowledge than I
help me out here?

Also, the NES port team sounds cool.

*over and out*

-Brandon