Re: Don't bash Microsoft (was A89: Sim City 68k)

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Don't bash Microsoft (was A89: Sim City 68k)

No, I was referring to how they were using their
respective monopolies.  AOL charges nothing for it's,
while Microsoft makes you pay out the wazoo.  And
there are many anti-reverse-engineering laws.  And,
as of a year or two ago when the DMCA went into
effect, you are wrong.  It doesn't need to be patented.
And, to top it off, it IS patented.

And "paying with annoyances" is hardly paying.  If
something is annoying to you, don't use it.  But AOL
doesn't exactly misuse their monopoly for personal
gain by making their services "annoying".  And I'm
sure they would much prefer them not being annoying,
if they weren't a big corporation that can't help but
make annoyancies at least occasionally.