Re: Don't bash Microsoft (was A89: Sim City 68k)

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Don't bash Microsoft (was A89: Sim City 68k)

> Napster isn't going to win

I don't see how it couldn't, without SMB going down with
it.  And FTP/HTTP for that matter.

>  Umm, how was AOL one of the first? Earthlink, GTE, pacbell,
>  Mindspring, even rinky-dink ISPs in Delphos, Ohio had flat rates.

Aren't Earthlink and Mindspring secretly owned by AOL?
Perhaps I am thinking of something else.  AOL was one
of the first in that it was not the first, not the last, and not
the middle.  And fell between the middle and first.

>  Yes, I have used mozilla, it's interface makes me want to cry.

Indeed.  But it's improving at a rate that will easily
overtake IE before it's out of beta.  Not that overtaking
IE's interface is saying much.

>  AOL does NOT support PPP at all!
>
>  (the main reason it is evil)

It supports it's own breed.  It's still PPP, but rather
annoying in that you can't use normal dialup scripts.
I hate this a lot, but hey, if you knew the difference,
AOL wouldn't be the best ISP for you to begin with.
You'd be paying for a nice lot of features you don't
want, and losing a few of the ones you do.