Re: Don't bash Microsoft (was A89: Sim City 68k)

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Don't bash Microsoft (was A89: Sim City 68k)

exactly. Unix failed where windows excelled because we were living in a time
where learning to use a computer for ones 'free time' was fruitless to most
people. Todays big money makers like Bill Gates and Larry Ellison were the
first to realize PC's deserve to be in every home. that is the ONLY reason
their the richest men in the world today.

I'm not saying Windows is all bad, but you cant walk away and say it's all
good either. I'm running Windows 2k, Windows 98, and Slackware 7. I can't
wait for Mac OS X to come out and see if i can get it running on my box.
Windows 98 is a performance hog, and while 2k is much more stable only 1/3rd
of my software runs on it. Slackware 7 took me a while to learn, but once
you get around Linux it stays with you. and unless your running your old 486
trust me, it's more than easy to find drivers, even if it means cruising
around IRC. Every piece of hardware, even my old NE2000 Nic runs without a
hitch. and trust me unreal tournament runs like a dream in linux.