A89: Re: TIGCCLIB 2.2 - SDK Documentation

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A89: Re: TIGCCLIB 2.2 - SDK Documentation

A quick question. You mention TI's SDK documentation. Where did you get
that from? As far as I knew TI had never released much of any use to ASM/C
programmers for the TI-89/92+

Wesley

On Sat, Sep 30, 2000 at 01:34:18PM +0200, Zeljko Juric wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I just uploaded a new release of TIGCCLIB (2.2) on
> ticalc. I hope that it will appear in the archive as
> soon as possible. The major change in this release is
> the documentation, which is completely rearanged and
> thrice larger than in the previous release (if someone
> from TI reads this, just to know that absolutely nothing
> is picked from their SDK documentation). I hope that you
> will like the new look of the documentation (and the
> documentation too, of course). Frequently Asked Question
> list is now really full of useful tips. Here is a
> complete list of what is new in this release:
>
> - The documentation for the release 2.2 is completely
>   rearanged to make it much more readable. Moreover,
>   the documentation now contains not only information
>   about library functions, but about the whole TIGCC
>   project, including the compiler options, a brief
>   reference to C language keywords, operators and
>   punctuators, description of GNU C language extensions,
>   GNU Assember, and much more. The Frequently Asked
>   Question list is full of new question/answer pairs.
>   In general, the documentation is now thrice larger
>   than in previous release, and it is now in .chm format
>   (68 separate HTML files become too inpracticable; if
>   someone is really interested in HTML originals, I can
>   upload them separately).
> - The header file all.h is renamed to tigcclib.h to be
>   more consistent. The old name will still be accepted,
>   due to compatibility reasons.
> - It is not necessary any more to include nostub.h
>   header file explicitely to produce a "nostub" program:
>   the library will do this automatically if you use any
>   other file from the library, except if you define the
>   global preprocessor symbol USE_KERNEL, or if you
>   explicitely include doors.h header file at the
>   begining of the program.
> - A new directive OPTIMIZE_ROM_CALLS is introduced,
>   which optimizes ROM calls in "nostub" mode, which
>   usually leads to shorter and faster programs (but not
>   always).
> - Grayscale support on HW2 calculators is improved to
>   be about 50% faster and more flickerless. A new
>   function GrayAdjust is implemented, which allows
>   fine tuning of grayscale quality, so it allows to
>   reduce flickering as many as possible. Please,
>   recompile your existing grayscale programs if you
>   want to get advantage of introduced improvements.
> - It is not necessary any more to put USE_GRAY_PATCH
>   in grayscale programs; the library will now conclude
>   automatically when the grayscale support is
>   necessary, and it will act accordingly.
> - Bugfix: trying to enable grayscale now will not
>   cause the crash if the grayscale was already enabled.
> - A new function IsGrayMode and a new enumeration
>   GrayPlanes are added in gray.h header file.
> - Bugfix: A fatal bug into functions fwrite and fread
>   which makes them unusuable is fixed. Also, a small
>   bug in fseek (a wrong returned value) is fixed too.
> [...]

Wesley Moore
RMIT - BEng/BApp.Sc. 2nd Year

wmoore@cs.rmit.edu.au
http://wmoore.tsx.org/