Re: A89: Re: TI-GCC IDE v2.4 with Syntax Highlighting

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A89: Re: TI-GCC IDE v2.4 with Syntax Highlighting

Hi!

| I would like to suggest someting, which IMHO in the future mey help
| quite a lot with TI-GCC, IDE, ....
|
| Please, make them portable, so that UNIX and especially Linux users
| can use them too.

With the IDE this might be possible, but I can't do it myself.  I don't have
enough disk space to install two systems at a time, and not enough money to
buy the required programming equipment.  Maybe someone else can do it.
Delphi for Linux is coming out soon or has already come out (go to
www.inprise.com - I'm too lazy now).  I'd be happy to provide the porter
with all necessary information about the code.

| IMHO, TI-GCC should be made to work as add-on to cygnus cygwin
| http://sourceware.cygnus.com/cygwin/
| This will give UNIX users a cross-compiler and will benefit from
| active development in GCC for many languages, including Fortran.

Please stop bashing on TI-GCC like that.  Even though it's only for Windows,
the Doors team has still done a great job on it.  I'm sure there is a reason
for the Doors team not to use cygnus cygwin directly.  (It uses cygwin1.dll,
though.)  If you don't have Windows, that's pretty much your own fault, and
you shouldn't expect programmers to do the same work several times.

(Note that this is not supposed to offend you in any way.  If it sounds like
it, I'm sorry.)

| TI-IDE should use portable GUI like GTK or QT, but I am not sure if QT
| is free for Win32.
| http://www.gtk.org/
| http://glade.pn.org/
| http://user.sgic.fi/~tml/gimp/win32/

If you want to port it to C++, then please do it yourself.  Unfortunately,
C++ really sucks.  And, as I said, I think that Delphi programming for Linux
will be possible soon.

| Please, do not split the efforts. As I see, TI will not produce any
| good SDK. The only way to make some use of this calculator is for the
| community to create the things.

I think so.  Read Zeljko's new post; it looks like it doesn't even meet our
needs.  (8K limit?  What can you program with that?  Hello World, maybe?)

Bye,

Sebastian Reichelt

Follow-Ups: References: