Re: A89: Re: File API

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A89: Re: File API

Hi!

> BTW:  What exactly are "libraries of object files?"  I'm sure I could
make
> it possible to use object file libraries with my IDE, don't you think?

Libraries of object files are files (with extension .a) which are
collections
of a lot of object files archived in one file. Using a true GCC linker, it
is
possible to give such file as a parameter, for example

GCC myprog.c library.a

Then, the linker will link only these object files from library.a which
contain symbols needed in the program. I am sorry, but this is not possible
to be implemented using IDE: there is no way to conclude which object
files will be necessary for linking!

Zeljko Juric