Re: A89: Just a question

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A89: Just a question

It is as far as I know only possible with HW1 calcs.
(If you don't have access to ti:s secret key for signing roms, wich we don't.)
It is though in HW1 calcs possible to "unlock" the flash, so you can send
commands to it, and then order it to erase itself, or blocks of it, and then to
write to it. This is no easy thing to do.
There is hints on how to do it in 89hw.txt at my page http://alh.dhs.org/ti89/
You also need the pdf about the flash chip, to know how to communicate with it.
(can be found on the same page)
Johan Borg, who wrote the doc sais he have sucsessfully unlocked it. I have
though not sucseeded in my efforts. (don't know why, and havn't had any large
motivation in trying that hard..)
The guys behing Archive Utils should know best though, since they use it in AU.

//Olle