Re: A89: AIME

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A89: AIME

<< I get to take the AIME tomorrow.  For those of you who don't know that's
a 3
hour, 15 question test you get to take if you got at least a 92 on the
AMC-12
(formerly the ASHME) or in the top 10% (?) on the AMC-10.  Anyone else out
there taking it tomorrow?  How'd everyone do on the AMC?  (I got a 118 on
the
AMC-12.) >>

10%?  Nah, it's top 1% - I scored a 108 and needed a 110 under the new
rules.  I was screwed over =)

Everyone else should keep in mind that this is NOT the same as being in the
top 1% of just any old nation-wide test - that's easy.  The ASHME/AMC test
itself is, in most areas, only given to the top students in each school.  I
believe that I scored the second highest in my school on the AMC->10, and I
didn't make the AIME -- it's not too easy =)

<< The only reason I ask is because I figure these are probably the
smartest people around and I'm curious. >>

If only it showed - not only was that an extremely arrogant message, but. .
. (more below)

<< If you feel this is off-topic and unnecessary, there is a simple
solution: DON'T RESPOND!  Doing so only creates mail that is annoying to
everyone.  Instead, delete this now.  Thank you. >>

. . . no offense, but THAT has to be one of the STUPIDEST quotes I've seen
posted to this list in well over a year.  This list is made for one topic,
and one alone - TI-89 ASM programming.  Telling someone to delete an off
topic message AFTER they've received it does NOT make up for this, not does
asking uninterested people not to respond - I'm still getting copies of
other peoples' messages on this subject, some of which have already morphed
into entirely new but relevant topics - like this one - so I have to read
through all that unnecessary content to find important stuff.

The sole excuse for sending an offtopic message would be to request replies
to YOU PERSONALLY, and you alone.  The disclaimer you SHOULD have put on the
bottom would be "This post is off-topic, so please reply to me personally
and not the list."  Instead, I'm wasting more time trying to point out to
selfish new guys that you aren't the only ones on the list, and those
receiving the digest form don't have the choice of skipping over and
deleting these pointless messages.

You guys are really begging for moderation, except I don't think Magnus
seems to give a damn as to how much bandwidth is being wasted here =)

    -Scott