Re: A89: Palet Shifting Routine

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A89: Palet Shifting Routine

I did some more thinking, now I think I can say what I meant.

>From a News Item:
>2.) ...Normally, the "screen" - which is represented in memory - is located
at $4c00. An ASM
> program can change this address, and the screen will display the data at
the new address.
>Grayscale is created by creating two planes - essentially two screens - and
changing the
>location that the calculator reads the screen data from very quickly.

****
The grayscale routine does (simulate/emulate?) a pallet.  If we could have
multiple planes and step through them while switching between the 1st 2nd
and Nth plane we could do something with a similar effect as rotating the
pallet.

For sprites there would have to be multiple sprites that correspond with the
planes that are displayed.  To move the sprite would require N plane writes.