A89: Re: Re: HW detection

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A89: Re: Re: HW detection

> > This may be common knowledge (haven't programmed for a while) but is
there a
> way
> > to detect the HW version on the calc in software other than asking the
user?

I don't know, and I would also like to know that...

> Also, how do you detect stuff like AMS version and calc type?

To test if your are on a 92+ or a 89, you may test, for example,
#LCD_LINE_BYTE. It will be equal to 30 on a 92+, and 20 on a 89. If you want
to know if you are on a 92 1 or a 92 2, you can test #LCD_MEM, it will be
equal to $4440 on a 92 1, and $4C00 on a 92 2.

Follow-Ups: References: