Re: A89: Re: autoexec routines

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A89: Re: autoexec routines

Hi!

| I'm not sure that these are exactly what I was looking for...
|
| The only thing I saw that could be used for what I'm planning is the
| 'trap #4',

Well, yes, I think that's what you have to use.

| and I don't know if I can even use that.

You can definitely call it, but I think you can also change it.  Read the
web page I gave you.

| Can I make any
| occurence of 'trap #4' jump to my own code, and then turn off the calc?

You would have to call the old address in your code.  For an example on how
to do this, maybe you could look at the gray patch for TI-GCC.  It's written
in assembler, but the file is gray.c.

| And is there a similar thing that gets called when the calc turns on?

Yes, auto-int 6 is called when the ON key is pressed, so you should be able
to check whether the calc is already on, and if it's not, you can call your
routine.

| I'm thinking about making a version of Lockdown (a password startup
| lockout and memory lock prog) for the 89, but it doesn't look like the
| 86 features I used are present on the 89...

There already is such a thing.  Doors, for example, has a lockdown feature.

Bye,
Sebastian

Follow-Ups: References: