Re: A89: Re: Adding to addresses

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A89: Re: Adding to addresses

In a message dated 6/18/00 1:50:16 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
e96nbr@efd.lth.se writes:

> >     clr.l   d3
>  >     move.b  d7,d3
>  >     mulu.w  #124,d3
>  You should use 128 in width, but I assume that's covered by what you said.

Originally I had made it 128 with extra zeros at the end and used shifts, but
when that didn't work, I tried it this way with no better success.

>  >     add.w   d6,d3
>
>  >     add.w   #0,d3
>  Why?

That's a good question.  But it doesn't account for the problem.

>  >     move.l  map,a0
>  "map" is a longword data containing the address, right? Not a label?

It's a longword with the address.  There's an earlier line.  lea
world(PC),map where world is the label.

>  >     add.l   d3,a0
>  >     clr.l   d3
>  >     move.b  (a0),d3
>
>  Have you checked the data at both ends? Does all the data get included
into
> the
>  program/variable? Does the code read the data up to th 62/0 point
correctly?

What do you mean by checking the data at both ends?  The data is stored in an
included file.

World:
    dc.b <insert 124 bytes seperated by commas>
    dc.b <insert 124 bytes seperated by commas>

Yes, it reads correctly up to that point.