A89: Change Auto-Int 5 in C

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A89: Change Auto-Int 5 in C

Currently, auto-int 5 goes off 20 times per second, and decreases the Timers
by one each time. There is a routine in my program I need to call to display
sprites, but it's too fast, and I thought I could set a timer and then check
it and when it expires, run the routine. At only 20 times a second this is
WAY to slow. Is there a way in C that I can change auto-int 5 to go off many
more times per second, and then change it back at the end of my program? The
routine I'm currently using is okay, but it's slow, and I want to give the
user the option to change the speed of the game and speed it up as the game
progresses (using a new routine that is too fast). I did a little quick math
and using a stopwatch, I figured that I would need Auto-Int 5 to go off about
100 times per second (I know that the screen doesn't refresh 100 times per
second, but the routine does more than displaying sprites). Thanks.

        Josh
        <A HREF="http://pa.ticalc.org">Programmers Anonymous</A> Member