From: owner-assembly-89@lists.ticalc.org
[mailto:owner-assembly-89@lists.ticalc.org]On Behalf Of Sebastian
Reichelt
Sent: Sunday, June 11, 2000 10:01 PM
To: assembly-89@lists.ticalc.org
Subject: Re: A89: Re: Parse Error

Hi!

| Thank you so much :)

I was lucky to know this.  Actually, I don't really program in C other than
for calculators, and I didn't know anything about C++ before AP Computer
Science.  The reason I did know this was that in the Windows API as well as
in TIGCCLIB always pointers are used instead of reference parameters.  I
usually program in Delphi (based on Pascal), which has reference (called
'variable') parameters.  I'm really surprised that GNU C doesn't have that
as an extension.

| By the way, incredible IDE program, it's what made me want to code for the
| 89 in C in the first place.  Thanks.

Thank you.  It actually is a lot further than the version that is currently
on ticalc.org, mainly thanks to Philipp Winkler, but the new version still
has too many bugs to be uploaded.  I have finals coming up this week, so I
won't be able to program for two weeks, I think. :-(  There is a help file
with keyword search via F1 (like in all modern environments) coming up, and
it's almost done.  The F1 key on an identifier works already.  One of the
main things I still have to figure out is whether a link to one of
Microsoft's download pages would be legal.  Considering that everything you
can just download may be licensed but is always free of charge, I shouldn't
have a problem.  But I better call and find out.

I just hope that I can program some more when I'm back in Germany, at least
I'll have a much faster computer there (P166 compared to a 486 66MHz).  And
school is just so much work here in the US, especially because I have the
worst of both Junior and Senior classes.

Bye,
Sebastian