A89: Re: C Support Library

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A89: Re: C Support Library

Hi!

> Wouldn't it be a better option to put all the routines from tigcclib
> that don't need to be inline into a library and essential create a C
> support library. I think this would reduce a lot of redundant code.
> Look at asm programs, the common routines were put into libraries for
> a space reduction regardless of the fact that many people find them
> annoying and/or a waste. There is a purpose.

In most aspects you are right, but I am the greatest opponent to the
common libraries concept in whole TI community. I have a lot of reasons
for such opinions. Some reasons are real, and some of them are caused
maybe by the fact that I am sometimes a very stubborn man :-)

> I understand that the calling conventions are different for the asm
> libraries, but I think it would be easy to make a #define that
> accomadates those

Yes, it is easy.

> and then make a clib or something for any other routines. Just my
> take on it...

I will think about it only after TI releases SDK. I think that releasing
it will show to us what we need to do in the future. Many things are too
contraverse about this SDK...

Cheers,

Zeljko Juric