Re: A89: Writing to Flash ROM

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A89: Writing to Flash ROM

Jeff Flanigan wrote:
> I am trying to write to the flash ROM with a simple
> program (attached).  The problem is that I cannot seem
> to disable the write protection with methods that
> *should* work.  My program works under VTI but not on
> my HW1 TI-89.  I would appreciate any help.

As far as I know, neither flash protection or any flash functions is emulated in
VTI, so you can't test it at all on that.
I don't know why your program doesn't work, but in some routines I have seen,
they call that address in flash multiple times. Maybe the lock doesn't always
unlock.
I have had problems with the same type of routine. Right now I have almost not
even tuoched my calc in the last half year or so.
Another thing about the write then. I'm quite shure you can only write ones (or
zeros) without eraseing the area first. (most flash:es work like that.)
I have to look through the pdf for the flash to be shure though.
maybe that is your problem?
I assume you have the pdf for the flash. If not, you can download it from me at
http://alh.dhs.org/ti89/

//Olle

Follow-Ups: References: