Re: A89: Good C book

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A89: Good C book

>I've been reading all the posts about using TIGCC, and decided to
>learn C. What would you recommend as a good book to teach C? Thanks.

Two choices come to mind: "The C Programming Language" by Kernighan
and Ritchie (they created C), or "How to Program C" by Deitel and
Deitel. The first book is less expensive, but the treatment of the
language is very basic (not a lot of examples). The second is more
expensive (around $55 US) but is much better at teaching a newbie how
to program C (many more examples, exercises at the end of chapters,
etc: almost like a college textbook.)

My two cents,

Nathaniel Gibson
ngibson@ptd.net