Re: A89: "doors" mode

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A89: "doors" mode

> I'm starting to get annoyed at seeing everyplace refer to a program needed a
>  kernel as a "doors program."  It was bad enough when Xavier decided to make
>  his include file use doorsos::rom_call rather than tios::rom_call; now this
>  is all sticking everywhere.

can't you just use plusshel's utilities/files to compile using the
tios::rom_call way?

>  With all these new (and, IMHO, superior) shells coming out, how about
>  calling these "kernel programs" rather than "doors programs" (as opposed to
>  "nostub programs," which could also probably use a better name)?  Seeing
>  this stuff plastered all over TI-GCC lib is just too much. . .
i haven't run a single game/program on my calculator for at least 3 months
(sometime after winter break)...hmm...how many shells/kernals are out now
anyways...?  which ones do you use?

>  For starters, how about copying doors.h to a new file, kernel.h, and
>  changing doors.h to a single line of "#include <kernel.>"?  This would keep
>  compatibility and stop nagging me.  I'm probably just nitpicking, but I
hate
>  to see people just use new versions of doors rather than more stable
kernels
>  because doors is older. . .

so, is plain (plane?) jump dead???

...Steven