A89: Re: "doors" mode

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A89: Re: "doors" mode

Hi Scott!

| I'm starting to get annoyed at seeing everyplace refer to a program needed
| kernel as a "doors program."  It was bad enough when Xavier decided to
make
| his include file use doorsos::rom_call rather than tios::rom_call; now
this
| is all sticking everywhere.

So what?  We can't get it off anyways.

| With all these new (and, IMHO, superior) shells coming out, how about
| calling these "kernel programs" rather than "doors programs" (as opposed
| "nostub programs," which could also probably use a better name)?  Seeing
| this stuff plastered all over TI-GCC lib is just too much. . .

OK, but why?  It would be a ton of work for Zeljko, and a little bit for me,
too, and too much for all of us.  Why don't we just leave it the way it is;
they're just names.  BTW:  My IDE sayss "Doors and 100% compatible shells"
in the Template Wizard.  Is that close enough for you?

| For starters, how about copying doors.h to a new file, kernel.h, and
| changing doors.h to a single line of "#include <kernel.>"?  This would
keep
| compatibility and stop nagging me.

Ask Zeljko.

| I'm probably just nitpicking, but I hate
| to see people just use new versions of doors rather than more stable
kernels
| because doors is older. . .

There must have been a reason for Xavier to call it 'Doors'.  Doors and
Windows, get the point?

I better say I'm just kidding.  Bye,

Sebastian Reichelt

P.S.:  Scott, aren't you a member of ACZ?  Do you have any contact with
Rusty Wagner?  I have an important thing on my mind about VTI, and he didn't
answer my email I sent weeks ago.  So if you do talk to each other from time
to time or whatever comes close to talking (chat/email/whatever), could you
please write back so that I can write it all down for you?