Re: A89: Re: Protecting and unprotecting folders and variables

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A89: Re: Protecting and unprotecting folders and variables

>> I am working on a program, and I need to know how to protect
>> and unprotect every variable and folder (except main) on the
>> calc. I can use C or ASM (but would prefer C, because I
>> understand it better). This program is for the 89 if it
>> matters. Any help anyone can give me would be greatly
>> appreciated.

>What do you mean when you say "protect"?

In Doors Explorer and TEX and probably other shells, there is an option to
Protect and Unprotect variables. It hides the variable from the system (it
doesn't appear in the var-link and if you type the variable's name on the
home screen and press enter, the system simply returns the variable name
(like it does for variables not listed in the var-link), as it does with all
value-less variables). Now, if I were to go into one of the shells and
protect a variable that is in Flash ROM, then it will stay in Flash, and will
be present even after a reset (as will all variables in the Flash on AMS
2.0x), but will still be protected. In all the shells I've seen, there is an
option to view the protected variables, so you can Unprotect them and TIOS
will recognize them again. Hope this explains what I mean.

Josh