From: owner-assembly-89@lists.ticalc.org
[mailto:owner-assembly-89@lists.ticalc.org]On Behalf Of Miles Raymond
Sent: Sunday, January 16, 2000 10:12 PM
To: assembly-89@lists.ticalc.org
Subject: Re: A89: Me distributing roms.

A few things.  A 56Kbps modem is not the same as a 5.6KBps modem.

b = bit
B = byte
K = kilo
M = mega
G = giga
p = per
s = second

8b = 1B
1024B = 1KB
1024KB = 1MB
1024MB = 1GB

8Kb = 8192b = 1024B = 1KB
8Kbps = 1KBps
56Kbps = 7KBps

A 1mbit cable line would NOT be 100kilobytes per second, but rather 1024Kbps
(kilobits per second), or 128KBps (kilobytes per second).

> I may not know how to do anything but hello world in asm but networking I
do
> know =]

Maybe you should get to know it a little better then...

-Miles Raymond      EML: m_rayman@bigfoot.com
ICQ: 13217756       IRC: Killer2        AIM: kilier2
http://www.bigfoot.com/~m_rayman