Re: A89: Me distributing roms.

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A89: Me distributing roms.

The only thing you may not understand is that each link has overhead.
ie, a serial connection (like that which the modem uses) has 8 data
bits, 1 start bit and 1 stop bit.  While you could fit it all together
perfectly, typically there is space between each 10 bits sent.  so a
full byte takes a little longer than it takes to send 10 bits.  Thus the
simple transform of dividing the link speed by 10 to get Bps, instead of
bps.  Other than that, you have error correction, re-transmits, etc
which takes up more time.

Other mediums (ISDN, cable, ADSL, ethernet) each have their own
overhead.

-Adam