Re: A89: Re: help?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A89: Re: help?

> > Because of the way the LCD hardware is wired on HW2. What you see on the
> > screen
> >  is actually not what's in the LCD memory, but in a buffer. Whenever you
> > write to
> >  the LCD memory whatever was there before gets bumped to the buffer, which
> > the
> >  LCD displays. It works like a double-buffer, actually. So to get the GFX
> >  displayed directly when you don't constantly update the screen you have to
> >  "write it twice", or copy it to itself.
> >
> i see...thanks...where did you get this info...(is it documented in the new
> doors?)...also, just curious-do you have  a hw1 or 2 or both?...

I got it from A89. It was in a mail response from TI (Scott sent the mail, I
think).

> ...hmm...i'm starting to think that I shouldn't even bother to make my game
> compatible w/ hw2 or even ams2.0x...hehe...just ams1.0x/hw1 :)

I have a HW1 TI-92 with a Plus module so I won't complain - but others probably
will.

 / Niklas Brunlid
Check out Prosit for the TI-89 / TI-92+ at http://prosit.ticalc.org
Random PQF Quote follows:

"'E's fighting in there!" he stuttered, grabbing the captain's arm.
"All by himself?" said the captain.
"No, with everyone!" shouted Nobby, hopping from one foot to the other.
        -- Making Friends and Hitting People
           (Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!)