Re: A89: This is important

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A89: This is important

On Mon, Feb 07, 2000 at 18:13:03 -0600, Miles Raymond wrote:

> Do you have further documentation of 1.xx?  I (and many others, I'm sure)
> would love to see this if you are not planning on studying it any further.
> As a programmer, I will not ask for your 2.xx observations as I know that
> you will most likely continue them and perfect them.  I only ask for your
> 1.xx findings IF and only IF you are not planning on researching on it any
> more.

I'm almost certain that I will not study 1.00 any further. I find it
completely uninteresting and I can only wish everybody else did too. It was
made in a haste and it lacks decent support for user assembly language
programs!

I've seen an extensive collection of information about 1.0x functions
compiled by someone called Zeljko Juric <zjuric@utic.net.ba>. I think it was
in the TI-GCC docs (a friend of mine (hi Xav!) showed it to me, otherwise I
would never have seen it). It's in C, and very comprehensible.

I usually don't write nice documents about the things I discover, I only
remember the general idea and *where* and *how* to find the exact details
*when I need them*. Most of my work on 1.00 resides in a single ~10Mb
(uncompressed) database of disassembled code, cross references, labels,
structs, enums and my comments/guesses. It's probably useless to anyone but
me who remembers the logic and reason behind all the weird comments
everywhere...

But go for the TI-GCC docs if you haven't done so already! Most of the
information therein applies to 2.xx as well, so there's no waste of time in
having a look at it!

/Johan

Follow-Ups: References: