Re: A89: Re: games high scores

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A89: Re: games high scores

> hey thanks a lot. i really appriciate it. what restrictions does archiving
> cause?

Since it's only asm programs/games that write into themselves (like highscores)
this should be the only one. The reason it didn't work before was that the
shells, like TIOS, copy the file to RAM before executing it, so that unnecessary
writing into the flash RAM is avoided.
So the only other restriction I can think of is a small delay before the program
starts, but it's fast enough for you not to notice.

> also, how do i make it so if i reset my ti-89 with 2nd-left-right-on, that
> it doesn't delete the games? does locking the file work?

You can either install the Archive Utility, a hack that does this, or get one of
the later AMS versions. Note that the file's you wish to save have to be
archived.

--
 / Niklas Brunlid
Check out Prosit for the TI-89 / TI-92+ at http://prosit.ticalc.org

The maze was so small that people got lost looking *for* it.
        -- Bloody Stupid Johnson at his finest
           (Terry Pratchett, Men at Arms)