Re: A89: Re: Re: Re: Re: CORRECTION: Shift+ON

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A89: Re: Re: Re: Re: CORRECTION: Shift+ON

> Hi!
>
>  > It definitely will, since the free SDK has an 8 KB app size
>  > limit, if I remember that right.  It might have been changed
>  > 24 KB since AMS 2.04 also has the ASM program limit changed
>  > to that value, but there would still be a limit inside the SDK.
>
>  And SDK will not definitely support features like grayscale, etc.
>
>  Zeljko

So this means that if someone wants to create a greyscale program or a
program greater than 8/24kb? he/she (not likely :) must use tigcc?  Then why
even bother using the sdk (no need to switch back and forth) unless you are
really planning on selling some sort of flash software which needs to be
signed?  I mean how many people on this list are actually planning to spend
$300 on the sdk just to have the program signed?  And how many people on the
list will even use half the functions documented by Zeljko much less the
remaining (500 or so?) not documented which the sdk will release?  To me the
programming of the 89 is a hobby (mostly interested in games).  I could not
afford a sdk nor do I think I would purchase it if I could since most of the
functions I_will_ever need as a game programming hobbyist is pretty much
already documented by Zeljko (or at least found)!

...Steven Reagan