Re: A89: kernel/no stub

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A89: kernel/no stub

> I read in the TI-GCC docs that DoorsOS uses EV_hook to implement the
> Shift-ON feature.  Look for EV_hook in the documentation for events.h.  It
> explains it pretty well (if you know about event-driven programming.)

I'm reading the exact quote you refered to right now, in the newest version
of the lib.  And I'm gonna have to ask if this was an error on Zeljko's
part.

Doors was using shift+on loooong before the event-driven interface calls
were ever even known - as in _years_ before (hard to imagine the 89 has been
out over 2 years now).  It should be a simple hook into int 6, which is
called whenever the on button is pressed - write an int 6 wrapper that does
whatever if desired key is down when the code is run.

Furthermore, I'm not sure that EV_hook is even capable of handling such an
instance.  While I'm not too familiar with the TIGCC lib implementation of
the event handlers, I have read some extensive documents on using them the
way TI intended, and the applications do not appear to receive any message
when an error is triggered - and the on button triggers error: break, not
CM_KEYPRESS - correct?

Although, now that I think about it, doors may have changed shift-on
managment with the recent rewrite, it would certainly be a waste not to use
int 6 instead, and TEOS certainly prefers the int 6 method.

    -Scott