A89: Re: Got it.. Thanx anyway... by the way...

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A89: Re: Got it.. Thanx anyway... by the way...

Hello!
    I don't think you can run DoorsOS on a HW2 calculator without HW2patch,
and HW2patch doesn't work on AMS 2.05 yet.  I expect that it will be updated
to work on 2.05 any day now, although I might be wrong.  You'll just have to
wait unless you want to downgrade to a previous AMS version.  There may be a
different shell that already works on 2.05 such as Universal OS, I'm not
sure because I don't use it.
    Differences between HW1 and HW2?  Hmmm, let's see... HW2 has more
archive memory available (although MaxMem can be used on HW1s to give them
the same benefit), and HW2 calcs run a bit faster (probably around 20%
faster).  Also, the LCD hardware on HW2 calcs is different, making grayscale
slower and more flickery.  For some reason, some assembly language programs
run slower on a HW2 (mostly the older ones I think).  Feel free to reply to
this post to add any differences I left out.

    James Darpinian