Re: A89: Re: Grayscale Text

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A89: Re: Grayscale Text

> Thank you very much.  One last question.  That looked like C.  Where does
> everything go in asm?  I know it's doorsos::PortSet and doorsos::PortReset,
> but where do all the arguments go?  Thanks

All ROM functions take their arguments on the stack. Just push them in the
reverse order they're listed in the TI-GCC library docs. So Portset would be:

move.w  yourheighthere,-(sp)
move.w  yourwidthhere,-(sp)
move.l  youraddresshere,-(sp) ;or pea or whatever
jsr doorsos::PortSet
addq.l  #8,sp

I think that the width/height parameters are supposed to be bytes (they're
stored that way inside PortSet) but pushing a word and pushing a byte should
give the same result IIRC.

--
 / Niklas Brunlid
Check out Prosit for the TI-89 / TI-92+ at http://prosit.ticalc.org

"Oh, a very useful philosophical animal, your average tortoise. Outrunning
metaphorical arrows, beating hares in races... very handy."
        -- (Terry Pratchett, Small Gods)