A89: Re: Fw: Reading a string on a TI-89 in C

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A89: Re: Fw: Reading a string on a TI-89 in C

Hi!

> I am beginning programming the TI-89 in C using TI-GCC. I would like to
> know if there is any built in ROM call or otherwise that allows text to
> be read like on the homescreen and in Request boxes, I want to be able
> to do this without a dialog. I'm guessing there is one but it may not
> be documented

In fact, TIOS call cmd_inputstr does exactly what TI-Basic statement
InputStr does. It is quite unflexible, so I don't reccommend usage
of it. Much better set of routines are routines whose names begin
with TE_ (text editor). They are extremely flexible, as text editor is
event driven. But, usage of them requires a lot of explanations. I
am currently in work of documenting them. These routines will be
integrated in TIGCCLIB 2.0 which will be ready in 15-20 days (more
precise, it is ready now, but documenting of more than 300 new functions
which don't exist in release 1.5 requires really a lot of time).

Zeljko Juric