A89: >1-bit sound on the 89

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A89: >1-bit sound on the 89

Forgive me for my lack of calc hardware knowledge... I understand that
link port 1-bit sound is created by rapidly switching the link on and
off (correct me if I'm wrong).  Are there any possible methods for
making sound with greater bit-depth (i.e. 2-bit, 4-bit, 8-bit, etc.)?
That would create some interesting potential for sound/music synthesis.

On a side note, and out of sheer curiosity, is there any reason in
particular why a disproportionate amount of TI calc programmers are
French?  Not trying to discriminate or anything, just simply wondering
:)

BeaT (Seth Peelle)
beat@drigon.com
http://www.drigon.com/~beat