A89: Floats and functions from assembly

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A89: Floats and functions from assembly

 I'm brand new to TI (89, of course) assembly and I'm confused about a
couple of things:

 First of all, how do I call a function from an assembly program? That is,
say I define a function f(t) in the main directory. I need to know [1] how
to find this function and call it [2] how to pass in the independent
variable(s) and [3] how to get the result back.  (For that matter, I might
want to pass the functions in as parameters to the assembly program.)

 Second, once I get the result, I'll need to be working with floating point
values. How does the TIOS deal with floats in the absence of built-in float
support on the cpu?

 Finally, I'll need to call some built-in math fucntions (trig, in
particular).

 I've seen a bunch of 89/92 assembly tutorials and stuff around the web, but
none of them really seemed to address my particular difficulties.

 I'd appreciate any info.

 John Saccente
 jsacc@mindspring.com