Re: A89: Question about Archive Utility 3.0

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A89: Question about Archive Utility 3.0

Sadly, in Michigan, it does. When a minor attends a school, and carries
anything with him, he/she waives certain rights. If that proporty is stolen
by another sutedent, you cannot sue, you have to put up with whatever crap
the school hands you (usually, the school confiscates it, carves the school
name into it, and claims that you stole it from the school to begin with).
All electronic data carried into a school by a student is not protected by
the same laws as it would be off campus. In Michigan, and teacher can reset
you memory, put a magnet to a disk, break a cd, or do whatever they want to
it. It has been taken to court to. A teacher in my school put a magnet to the
hard drive in a student's laptop. The student found a lawyer that would work
for free, and got his parents to sue the school district. It went to a state
court, and it was ruled that when you carry property into a school, data
included, you waive a number of your rights concerning that property.