Re: A89: A Radio Link idea

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A89: A Radio Link idea

>Ok, yes you have to have a broadcasters licence, and you get that through
>the FCC, but only if it is above like 5 watts of power, and those little
>things aren't even close.

In the lower 48 states (in the US) the average allowable power without
liscense is  50-100mW.  A little under 5 watts, don't you think?

In California your station has to have atleast 100watts to get a liscense.
And space is very thin and hard to come by.

In Alaska and Hawaii you can use up to 7watts without a liscense.  The law
states 10watts, but if you go too high...they will monitor you like mad.

I operate a 7 1/2watt stero FM station on 89.7MHz in Anchorage, AK  24hrs a
day.

Grant

Follow-Ups: References: