A89: Re: Re: placing data into C variables from ASM(" ") constructs

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A89: Re: Re: placing data into C variables from ASM(" ") constructs

>  > I thought you named your input operands as being clobbered by adding "0",
"1"
>  > a.s.o. to the clobbered list?
>
> Yes, you can do that with the current gcc. I do not know what compiler
> version is the TI gcc based on. Older gcc variants did not allow you
> to do that, nor could you use the '+' qualifier, for read/write operands.
> I left them out, for this reason. Sorry.

What did the older versions do if you *did* put an input register as being
clobbered? In my program I have three asm() sections with no code in-between
(apart from gcc:s register loading) and I use the same pointer as an input in
the first and the last sections... however, it seems that unless I tell gcc to
make that pointer volatile it ignores the fact that it has been clobbered in the
first section, making the pointer useless in the last :(

Oh, and on the page where Xav got the cross-compiler from it says it's based on
EGCS-1.1.2, if that tells you anything.

 / Niklas Brunlid
Check out Prosit for the TI-89 / TI-92+ at http://prosit.ticalc.org
Random PQF Quote follows:

"You mean mysterious ancient races of Amazonian princesses who subject all
male prisoners to strange and exhausting progenitative rites?"  said Eric,
his glasses beginning to fog.
        -- (Terry Pratchett, Eric)

Follow-Ups: References: