Re: A89: Handles

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A89: Handles

>    My name is Ed Behn.  I am a bit new to assembly programming but have a
>lot of other programming experience.  I was reading the Fargo
>documentation.
>It mentioned that the handle table is pointed to by $5D42.  However, when I
>look at the address $5D42 on VTI running in TI-89 mode I only see zeros.
>Am
>I missing something?
>                                                   -Thanks
>                                                       Ed Behn
>
>Ed Behn                 222 Nason
>behne@rpi.edu           RPI Residence Hall
>(518)276-7446           110 8th Street
>                         Troy, NY 12180

Yeah, the reason is that Fargo was written for the TI-92. The handle table
on the TI-89 and on the TI-92+ isn't in the same place!
I don't really remember the correct address, cuz I'm at school right now,
but have a look at the documentation to DoorsOS, they've got the correct
address
Anyway, you don't really need the correct address, because you should not
resize or delete handles manually in that table you should use the ROM
calls, or have you ever heard about the DEREF macro? It converts a handle to
the correct address which this handle is pointing to

Example:      move.w   #$000C,d0
              DEREF    d0,a0

On the TI-92, handle $000C points to the folder MAIN (I forgot which handle
this is on the TI-89 and TI-92+, but this is only an example ;-)). After the
DEREF macro a0 points to the memory address of the folder MAIN

See ya

Michael