A89: Re: Re: Basically the entire digest

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A89: Re: Re: Basically the entire digest

> All of you complain and complain about the HW2 problem, but what do you
> think TI is going to do?  They didn't design the calculators so you could
> pplay games with cool-looking grey-scale graphics, their objective is to
> make the 89 the best calculator it can be for the math users.  If its
> about the games, go buy a new calculator.  Besides, I don't think its
> that bad of a problem.  People will just have to put in the extra 2
> nanoseconds of effort to make a new header file and recompile their
> programs for bothe HW versions.  After all, none of the original 89
> programmers would have bought it in the first place if the HPs kicked
> TI's ass in basic math functions.

TI knows that games sell calcs. This notion that TI hates games on their
calcs and that they don't care about them is rediculous. Why do you think
they built in ASM support in the TI-86 and later calcs? Face it- not to many
math programs were made for ZShell. They just won't admit straight out that
they encourage games. But they'd have to be blind idiots to not see that
half of the calcs out there wouldn't be sold if the kids who own them hadn't
seen their friends playing games on them.

-Zero