Linux on 68k (was Re: A89: our own OS? possible or not)

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

On Thu, 25 Nov 1999 TGaArdvark@aol.com wrote:
> > Excerpt from the Linux/M68k Mac project:
> > "1. What machines will never be supported?
> > In general, any computer with a 68000 processor won't
> > be able to run Linux.

Excerpt from uCLinux project:

"The Linux/Microcontroller project is a port of the Linux 2.0 to systems
without a Memory Management Unit. At present, only Motorola MC68000
derivatives are supported."

I've read that someone ran uCLinux on an Atari which is a basic 68k machine.

For more information, see http://www.uclinux.com

IMHO, uCLinux is a too large to fit into Ti-89.  (uCLinux kernel for
palmpilot seems to take 1MB)

Another Unix-on-a-68k project is OMU, "One Man Unix".
For more information, see http://tallyho.bc.nu/~steve/omu.html

	- Riba