Re: A89: Re: Re: LCD change for $1 =)

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A89: Re: Re: LCD change for $1 =)

It should be perfectly safe. I almost always do it, to not have to care about
clipping in my spriteroutines. (I use my own grayscale routines though, but it
should work nice in graphlib too)
If I don't do that, I probably change the screenwith, to make the screenbuffer,
160 pixels (20 bytes) wide, instead of the 92-compatible 240 pixels (30 bytes)
wide. This VTI isn't supporting. Rusty havn't been able to give me a straight
answer on why yet. I guess he is just fed up with people asking him a lot of
stupid questions, and doesn't even care anymore.
I think (from the brief check on the code) that it maybe is a bit tricky, if he
does what I think, and initializes a bitmap-buffer at startup, for the screen.
could be problems to change this in runtime, and he probably have to rewrite a
lot of the displaysystem to support changeing it in runtime, and probabaly he
doesn't think it is worth it. almost noone is useing it, but there are actually
some quite big advantages.

//Olle