Re: A89: The future of 89/92+ Shells(AMS2.0,92+SDK)

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A89: The future of 89/92+ Shells(AMS2.0,92+SDK)

They released the ti-89 EARLY.  They *should* have waited until they
finished it, but they needed to do a few things:

1) Get it out on the market on time
2) Find out what market it would gravitate to if it didn't end up where
it was aimed
3) Find out what that final market wanted in a calculator

Of course, the first one was the driving force behind most everything.
Had they had all the time in the world, they would have released it with
all the improvements ams 2.0 is supposed to bring, the next few hardware
revisions, and all the documentation.

Since that is not the case, they /could/ release the docs for AMS 1 or
1.05, but they would change, possibly significantly, for AMS 2.00's
release.  Because of past experiences with early spec releases and upset
developers, they (wisely) choose to wait until they have their game
together before involving everyone else.

-Adam