Re: A89: The future of 89/92+ Shells(AMS2.0,92+SDK)

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A89: The future of 89/92+ Shells(AMS2.0,92+SDK)

>I read about the 83+SDK Release and was pretty impressed about the first
>"Real" Support on ASM from TI.
>Now the 83+ community is capable of making professional programs. They can
>fully take advantage of the internal TI-OS system-functions.
>Which seemms to be the primary function of "Libraries" on the 89/92+
>Shells.
>Of course there is 4gray-emulating and the compression-library but
>basically
>the 89/92+ SDK Kit will provide us with full TI-OS system-function support.
>
>Due to the fact that AMS2.0 is coming in the next months, I thought about
>DoorsOS and PlusShell and what plans they have for supporting the new
>Flash-OS.
>If both will make a new AMS2.0 compatible version of their shell, there
>will
>be library conflict,  shell-dependent programs,... as it is normally today.
>But if the community gets together and creates "ONE" shell(perhaps
>opensource), which supports 89/92+,libraries and only the AMS2.0.
>Why only the AMS2.0? Everybody will update his calculator because
>1) free.
>2) a more stable/optimized system(bugfixes)
>3) more user-memory
>4) the SDK requires AMS2.0
>5) most FlashApps requires AMS2.0
>So there will be no one left, who would still use the old v1.0,v1.01,v1.05.
>
>As time goes by, TI will release the 89/92+ SDK and for the first time
>"Real" programming for the 89/92+ is possible because we will get
>information about the whole system and its internal functions.
>Then we can replace most of the libraries with pointers to the TI-OS
>Functions and even get more memory.
>But how this shell should look like, what should it support, what features?
>
>Klaus Lukaschek
>slider_klaus@gmx.net

Great idea! Open-source shells for the TI-89! This would fix all problems
posted to this mailing list, like "I can't install the kernel, help!" - "My
calc crashes with DoorsOS, but not with PlusShell" - and more...

Xavier Vassor and Rusty Wagner, hook up and make a new shell with TI's SDK,
when it's finally released!

See ya,

Michael