Re: A89: Beginner

[Prev][Index][Thread]

Re: A89: Beginner

In a message dated 5/31/99 10:19:38 AM Pacific Standard Time, c2b@prodigy.net
writes:

> Are the key codes the same as in basic?
>
>  c2b3
>
>  if so I know this is an assembly list, but I always forget the codes so
>  I made a tiny basic program that tells me.  it's attached, sorry if it
>  slows things down.

Yes, when you use tios::idleloop. Reading the keyboard is a different story.
:)

Make sure that you know that alpha+, shift+, <>+, 2nd+, and AlphaShift+ all
have different numbers for the entire keyboard. Pressing up/left, up/right,
down/left, and down/right at once also have different keycodes.

I made a BASIC program that shows the getkey() value as you press the
numbers, but I don't think I need to explain how to write a program that does
that. :)