Re: A89: Need help with buggy code

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A89: Need help with buggy code

In a message dated 5/4/99 7:40:52 PM Pacific Daylight Time, BLoWh0Le@aol.com
writes:

> If there is a 1, my program "should" draw a block on the screen according
>  where the 1 is in the map.  My problem is that I suck at programming and
>  can't figure out what is wrong with my code.  Whenever I run it (in
VTI68k),

>  it displays a few blocks in seemingly random locations and even displays
> part
>  of the TI-89's graphing screen.  If anyone can take a look at my code and
>  find what's wrong (besides sloppy coding), I would appreciate it a lot.
>  Thanks guys.

Hrmn... I really need to finisish the tilemap thingy, don't I? :)

>From what I can tell of that code (I didn't look closely) is that it's a tad
inflated... but I think that's the level. The basic idea involves using two
lookup tables... I think you did that. Unfortunately, the part of my routine
that I'm hung up at is the few lines of code that calls out everything from
the lookup table (I'm not sure how to point with a poiner ^_^) and involves
all kinds of stuff with the program counter... if you don't have a program
counter in there (PC), then you're doing something wrong. :)