Re: A89: Lookup Tables

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A89: Lookup Tables

In a message dated 5/2/99 5:59:30 PM Pacific Daylight Time, BLoWh0Le@aol.com
writes:

> Can someone direct me to some information on how to use lookup tables?
>  Thanks.

OOH! OOH! PICK ME! PICK ME!

If there's ANYONE who can answer that question, it's me! Visit my site at
http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Ridge/5826/index.html and click on
"downloads". In there, you will find an entire program dedicated to the
glorious ASM trick known as 'lookup tables'.

If, by the time you are done reading the *HEAVILY* commented source code, as
well, as the entire explanation at the bottom, and you STILL don't understand
how to use them, there's one of two problems:
1) You should program BASIC instead
-or-
2) I wasn't clear enough.

Chances are, it's #2, so if you don't get it after reading the program, tell
me what confused you!

I might upload this to ticalc.org soon, but I would like *SOME* feedback. If
you do not know what a lookup table IS, by ALL MEANS get it! You will be glad
you did!

ALSO: That website is NOT complete! When it's done, it will have SOME
graphics, fixed copy (I wrote some of that stuff REALLY late at night...
going back and reading it I'm not sure what I was thinking) and I will most
likely remove the jokes about the ACZ and CCIA... as I said, it was late at
night. :)

OK, I better be quiet now and send this message so that Blowhole can get it.
:)